To reduce delays caused by disabled vehicles and
crashes on Jacksonville interstate highways, wrecker services (Road Rangers) are patrolling
urban interstate areas every day of the week. The service
is free to those who are assisted. Our drivers are there to assist you in time of need to
ensure your safety. Please, do not offer tips to our drivers. Click here to see Road Ranger services areas in Jacksonville.
Please note: For emergency assistance, dial *FHP on your cell phone to reach the Florida
Speed limits have been lowered in certain areas of the construction zones, making 55 MPH
the standard throughout many of the interstate construction areas. Make sure you stay
within the posted speed limits, as speeding fines are doubled in Florida construction
Double Speeding Fines
Florida Statutes provide for speeding fines to be
doubled in work zones when workers are present. These fines can exceed $500 depending on
the location and speed of the violation.
Driving Safely through Construction Zones
Here are our top ten tips on driving safely through our construction areas:
- WATCH FOR SIGNS...they will help guide you through the
- GIVE YOURSELF EXTRA TIME...plan a few additional minutes
into your schedule for slowdowns and delays.
- USE CAUTION...watch out for construction vehicles and
- DRIVE COURTEOUSLY...watch out for your safety and the safety
of everyone else.
- KEEP YOUR VEHICLE IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION...including
making sure your vehicle has plenty of fuel.
- PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR DRIVING...do not
"rubberneck" or tailgate.
- SLOW DOWN...speed limits are being strictly enforced.
- DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE...designate a driver who has not been
- CHECK THIS WEB SITE FOR CLOSURE INFORMATION...for the latest
construction and travel advisories, make sure to find out how our work may affect your
commute before you leave.
- BE PATIENT... we all have to bear some inconvenience if we
want better, safer roads.